Friday, March 17, 2006

Can J.J. Take Duke All The Way?

The NCAA Tournament is underway, and my Dukies are off and running with an expected victory over Southern. J.J. Redick and Sheldon Williams played well with each netting 29 points, but the efforts of the rest of the team were a little disappointing. I was really looking for Demarcus Nelson to step up and score in double figures every game this tournament, but he had just two points in 22 minutes against Southern. Duke will not be able to ride Redick and Williams all tournament. Somebody needs to step up in the scoring column and I think Nelson is the likely candidate.

Other tournament tidbits...I knew Syracuse wouldn't last long. I can only imagine how many people put them far into their bracket after last week's showing in the Big East Tournament...Gonzaga barely escapes making me think that they might struggle to get into the sweet 16...Everybody's screaming and yelling due to Tennessee getting a two seed seems warranted after the Volunteer's showing today against Wintrhop...How great would it be if Mike Davis got Indiana to the Elite Eight or Final Four this year. The guy gets pushed out of Hoosier land after getting the team deep into the tournament twice in four years.

But Katherine I Want Six Wives!

I just read Star Tribune columnist Katherine Kersten's latest drivle and for some reason I can't get the Wizard Of Oz song "If I Only Had A Brain" out of my head. Hmmmmm. Odd. Very odd.

Anyways Kersten says that if we don't pass a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage that polygamy will be on the horizon. I'm surprised Kersten didn't throw beastiality in there too. "If we don't get rid of the gays, men will start having sex with coyotes!"

This latest article further proves my theory that the Star Tribune has Kersten on staff to make Republicans and especially the religious right look silly. What other explanation is there?

She could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consulting with the rain. And her head, she'd be scratchin, while her thoughts were busy hatchin', if she only had a brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home