Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Recent Movie Grades

Munich: B+ I thought it was well done, but as someone who doesn't know alot about the ill-feelings between the Palestines and Jews I would have appreciated a little more background information. I also thought it moved a little slowly. But definitely a must-see.

Brokeback Mountain: B Good, but not Oscar worthy in my opinion. There were definitely a couple of powerful scenes and the mountain scenes were beautiful. Not just a movie for those in the gay community.

Walk The Line: A I loved this movie. Great story and great music. When I first saw previews for this movie I thought it would be a movie that my dad would enjoy more than me, but it kept my interest throughout.

Crash: B+ I really enjoyed this movie and disagree with critics who say there was an obvious pre-determined ending. A great conversation starter.

Just Friends: C+ From the same people who directed Wedding Crashers, it will definitely crack you up several times. A little cheesey, but its hard for a comedy like this not to be.

North Country: A Another movie that I loved. I thought it was Oscar worthy, especially in the best picture and best actress categories.

Cinderella Man: B- Better than I thought it would be and not just a boxing movie.

Movies I still have not seen that I need to see: Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire, Two For The Money, Jarhead, Flight Plan.


Not Another Mike

ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that Mike Martz is on the Vikings' short list to replace Mike Tice. I hope this is Clayton throwing a name against the wall and hoping it sticks. Personally I can't stand Martz and I think he's overrated as an NFL coach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home