Thursday, March 17, 2005

No way Jose!

Jose Canseco's book was exposed recently for what I figured it always was: crap! Somebody took some time to do some research (which Jose must have forgot about) and found several inconsistencies in the book.

For example, Jose references a conversation he had with Brett Boone about steroids after sliding into second base in a game against the Mariners. Problem is, Jose never made it to second base in any game against the Mariners when Boone was playing in Seattle.

Jose also references sitting on the bench during game six of the 2000 World Series. The thing is, the Yankees won that series in five games.

Looks like Jose might have wanted to hire a fact checker.

From 65 to 4

Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year as the NCAA Tournament begins. As usual I will be rooting for my beloved Blue Devils of Duke University. While I don't have a good feeling about the Blue Devils reaching their 11th Final Four under Coach K, I'm excited to see how far J.J. Redick can carry the club.

My final four reads as follows: Illinois, Gonzaga, Duke and North Carolina.

My first round upset special: (12) UW-Milwaukee over (5) Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home