Wednesday, February 16, 2005

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

The NHL cancelled its season today and let me say that I couldn't be happier. As an admitted basketball fan, I love the fact that hockey highlights are not clogging up my Sports Center telecasts this winter. If I could pronounce half the names in the NHL, I might be able to name ten or twelve current players. The league has serious issues that need to be addressed that have nothing to do with money or a collective bargaining agreement. I'm talking about the fact that too many games end 2-1 or 2-2. It's a typical American opinion, but I just can't get myself to love a game that has a 33 percent chance to end in a tie. A simple rule allowing a shootout would automatically add appeal to the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home