Friday, October 14, 2005

All That's Wrong With America

George Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers got me thinking today about how the nomination symbolizes all that is wrong with America. Bush continues to plug in friends to high powered positions instead of the most qualified candidate. The situation really mirrors what happens in day to day situations around the country. So much of getting a job today depends on who you know and not what you know. This eventually leads to upper class citizens remaining in the upper class, middle class citizens remaining middle class and lower class citizens remaining lower class.

Reason Number 234 Not To Go On MTV's Date My Mom

MTV is being sued by a mother-daughter tandem who claim that MTV humiliated them on national television. The mother in this case spoke Russian and MTV made an interesting mistake while translating her speech. The mother claims she said "My daughter has a big heart." and MTV translated it with a scroll on the bottom with "There is no better piece of ass than my princess Anastasia." And who says MTV has gone downhill with their programming?

Smoot Silenced

The normally chatty defensive back of the Minnesota Vikings - Fred Smoot - surprisingly missed his weekly appearance on Dan Barreiro's daily talk show on KFAN on Thursday. I can't decide if Smoot didn't want to talk about the Vikings putrid showing on the field or their classy behavior off the field. I'm going to guess the latter. Speaking of which, I'm still trying to decide what my favorite punchline is so far from Lake Minnetonka Gate. "Michael Bennett couldn't find the hole," "Kevin Williams takes on a double team" and Napolean Harris got good penetration up the middle" are a few of my favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home