Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Special interest groups and the election

While listening to a local radio station last night, I become extremely annoyed as I listened to a man's reason for why he will be voting for George Bush next week. The man was a hunter and pro-gun and that was the entire basis for his vote. He said "I am not interested in seeing John Kerry being elected as President because I think it will negatively affect the activities I am involved in." Have hunting regulations really ever been different depending on what party the President represents?" I hate the thought of how many people are giving their vote to either candidate this year because of one issue such as this.

25 and under will make the difference

I was extremely encouraged today as I heard one political expert's take on one theory that gives the election to Kerry. The political expert speculated that this year's election might provoke a mass amount of younger voters to hit the polls. This favors Kerry much like it favored Jesse Ventura in the 1998 Minnesota governor's race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home