Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Report: Republicans complain of sore hands

I read that George W. Bush was interrupted around 70 times last night for applause and standing ovations during his State of the Union address. I find this habit at presidential speeches to be so silly. The President will make some vague blanket statement like "I think every child in this country should receive a quality education." Then everybody stands and applauds for twenty seconds. One question. Why? Why is this statement and others like it worthy of applause. I should hope that the President of our country wants every child to receive a quality education. This isn't new and intelligent stuff here people. "I want the streets of America to be safe." I'm sorry, but if I'm in attendance, I'm not getting up off my seat or even applauding for that matter for that comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home