Thursday, December 26, 2002

Back To The Stores

After waiting for years for the Back To The Future trilogy to come out on DVD, it finally arrived under my Christmas tree yesterday. I was so excited that I actually watched the original movie after all the gift opening and caroling had been completed. So you can imagine my disappointment when I find out today that Universal Studios will be recalling the DVD set because of poor framing on parts two and three. For those of you in the same boat as me, click here for details on this debacle and the recall procedure.

God Fixed The Powerball?

In a story of the rich get richer, 55-year old contractor Andrew Whittaker, Jr. won Wednesday's record setting $314.9 million jackpot. The most disturbing part of the story is that Whittaker apparently believes that God handpicked him to win the money. "I just want to thank God for letting me pick the right numbers - or letting the machine pick the right numbers,'' Whittaker said.
While I think Whittaker's idea to give $17 million each to three different pastors is noble, I think his notion that God controls things like the lottery is ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home